How to Make Solar Charger Power Bank Guide (With Pictures and Video)

Today I'm here to explain how to make solar charger cum Powerbank for your smartphone. You can watch a video and read full-text guide to make your own one. If you are satisfied with this project don't forget to share it with your friends. Here you can read more about different components, where you can get it, How much will it cost, etc.


"Whenever I see you, you will be  looking at your phone". This is the unique and most usual sentence that I could hear several times from my friends and relatives. I know, this is not a compliment. but, How to get rid of this problem? I don't know. However, the one and only thing that I can predict about you is that You have experienced frustration at least once in your lifetime because of the low battery charge in your smartphone. Am I right? Tell me more about your experiences.


This Is the Main Part




[caption id="attachment_950" align="aligncenter" width="1280"]Make Solar Charger Make Solar Charger cum Power bank[/caption]
 

Recommending to read: How to make Small Wind Turbine Homemade

How to make Solar charger cum Power bank Video


You can watch everything you need to make solar charger cum power bank for your smartphone in this video. If you need more explanation skip the video and scroll down. If you Like this video Don't forget to share it with your friends. Sharing is caring. It's like a reward you give me for my Passionate work. Thank you.




Components to make Solar Charger cum Power bank


List of all components that you needed to make solar power bank.



1. DC to DC Converter


[caption id="attachment_954" align="aligncenter" width="491"]DC to DC Converter DC to DC Converter[/caption]


  1. Buy a 3V to 5V 1A  Module Step Up Converter Boost USB Charger. It  regulates and stabilizes output voltage and current. I bought it from Amazon. I'm a great fan of Amazon where you can search and buy each and every Components that you need to make projects like this. My readers aren't only from India. So I cannot provide link to a specific product link to Amazon. If you have any doubts about this product just drop your comments below. I'm very happy to help you. You can trust Amazon because they provide quality components. We can track our product anytime from your smartphone. That's why I love Amazon. In India, a DC to DC converter costs around 130 rupees only. In US, it's 4$ or more.


2. AA Size Rechargeable Batteries


[caption id="attachment_955" align="aligncenter" width="504"]Rechargeable Batteries Rechargeable Batteries[/caption]

 

Buy four AA Size 1.2 V 1600 mAh Rechargeable batteries. You can use any 5V 1600 mAh Battery to make this project. By the way, I know you may be thinking why I placed the rechargeable battery outside the device. There is a reason. Consider your smartphone is running out of power and you forgot to recharge the power bank. What would you do? Obviously, you can use a solar panel to charge your smartphone. What would you do If it was a cloudy day or you are facing this problem at night? (hope It won't). Here comes the importance of placing battery outside using a battery connector. Therefore you can buy some non-rechargeable batteries and connect them to the battery connector and recharge your smartphone. That's it.

3. Diodes, Battery connector, Plain PCB Wires, Switch


Buy 2 IN4007Diodes a battery connector, a piece of plain PCB from your favorite hardware/electronics shoppe. Since these components are locally available I don't recommend Amazon here. You can use a plain Pcb to make the circuit compact. At the same time, you can simply connect all the components directly using a soldering Iron.


Recommending to read: How to Make DIY Stirling Engine at Home



4. Circuit Diagram


[caption id="attachment_956" align="aligncenter" width="800"]Make solar charger Make solar charger[/caption]

5.Tools


Soldering Iron


Multimeter


Conclusion


If you have a smartphone and internet connection, you may feel like the world is at your finger tip. You can watch videos, stay updated with the latest news, learn new languages, make money, etc. But a smartphone without charge is like heartless human body. No connection with the world and it cannot perform even its basic functions. As soon as my smartphone cries "I'm running out of power," some kind of frustration will surface in my mind.


It's not a good Idea to buy a power bank cum solar charger from Amazon (I don't know if it is available). Instead, I bought a DC to DC converter and 4 rechargeable batteries from amazon (Total $4). And I made My own Power bank cum solar charger. It's your turn to make solar charger. Go ahead! Don't forget to share..


 

Comments

  1. […] This vertical axis wind turbine is just a working model. So output voltage would be very low. If you have a high-performance dynamo and even larger wind turbine propeller you can recharge your smartphone. You can also use a power bank to store the energy generated by the wind turbine. make your own power bank today. […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Small Wind Turbine (With Pictures and Video)